Are you tired yet of all the “New Year, New You” articles and headlines, blabbing about changing this and that and the other thing? Let’s get real–change is tough. It’s not ever a straight line, but more like a spiral—you make a change, you “fall off the wagon” and get close to where you were before. But it isn’t really where you were before, cause you’ve learned something along the way. So you start over, again. You start over better this time. You take each day and work from where you are, right this minute. It works, so be patient with yourself.
Here are some offerings you can use to make change this year. We’re here to support you in a load of new and exciting ways, so look for what speaks to you:
Gluten free educational dinner at the Yardley Inn
Back by popular demand, I’m teaming up with Chef Eben Copple for another educational dinner at the restaurant, next Wednesday, January 8th! I’ll talk about the how’s and why’s of eating gluten free, and he’ll make a great meal. Here’s the menu: buckwheat salad with frisee and green apple, shellfish in rice flour crepes, and lemon tart with cornmeal crust. Please contact the Yardley Inn directly to place your reservation: 215-493-3800.
Healthy Lifestyle Classes
Meeting on the second Thursday of the month from 6:30-8:00pm, there will be a different topic each month. The focus is around how to make the changes that you and I have suggested would be appropriate. Think of it as group coaching. Facilitated by Patti McDougall, RN Health Coach. Cost is $20 per month; please preregister (215-741-1600 or Patti@medicineinbalance.com)
- January 9: Maintaining Healthy Blood Sugar
- February 13: Gluten Free–is it just another fad?
- March 14: The Truth About Fats
- April 10: Adding more veggies into a busy day
A Circle of Women Group
This is a monthly coming together for women of all ages and stages to commune, share, learn and explore. Each month will vary: sometimes a workshop, some guest speakers, lively discussions, creative processes and inner work. We promise it will be an evening of great learning and much fun!
The third Wednesday each month, 6:30-8:00pm, facilitated by Patti McDougall. Donations appreciated. Please email to let us know you’re coming: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-741-1600.
Healthy Living Food Group
A fun, educational night of healthy potluck food, learning and sharing. Each month, we meet the first Tuesday of the month from 7-9pm. Bring a dish to share (or if you’re new, just show up!)—the “regulars” are great cooks and it will be the best meal you’ll eat all month. Topics vary each month, and sometimes we even stay on the topic! 🙂
- January 7th: Eating “stalk to root”—sharing tips on how to use all the food and not waste what we have. (Example: I hardly ever throw out citrus peel without first taking off the zest with a veggie peeler and letting it dry overnight. Save these in a jar in the freezer and use to flavor everything from kombucha to roasted veggies)
- February 4th: Everything you want to know about wild mushrooms. Invited guests Alan and Julie of Shibumi Farm will tell us how they grow their lovely ‘shrooms and what they’re good for.
- March 4th: Spring detox prep. How to do a food-only detox, plus ionic foot baths. Also answering questions about our spring metabolic liver detox, which we do at the time of the equinox.
Balance for Good Lifestyle Change Program
This is a 12 week lifestyle change program for those who have insulin resistance or Type II Diabetes, high cholesterol, or just need to improve muscle to fat ratio. It is based on a scientifically validated eating plan with the addition of a medical food; big emphasis on stress management as well. For details, click here.
Boosting Your Immunity for Dummies
Don’t forget that it’s cold and flu season, but you can learn everything you need to know to stay healthy in my book, Boosting Your Immunity for Dummies. It’s getting great reviews and a good deal of press. For information, click here.